The HNHB LHIN encompasses Brant, Burlington, Haldimand, Hamilton, Niagara and most of Norfolk County, covering approximately 7,000 square kilometres.
Our region is home to more than 1.4 million people, with more than 70% of the population living in the City of Hamilton and the Regional Municipality of Niagara
The following hospitals, with 17 licensed hospital laboratories, form the CoLabs network. These sites work together, collaboratively, to streamline, standardize processes and continually improve the quality of service for our patients:
- Brant Community Healthcare System
- Haldimand War Memorial Hospital
- Hamilton Health Sciences
- Joseph Brant Memorial Hospital
- Niagara Health System
- Norfolk General Hospital
- St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton
- West Haldimand General Hospital All hospitals are affiliated with McMaster University, Faculty of Health Sciences as either an academic hospital, community teaching hospital or community placement agency.
The CoLabs network performed over 12 million laboratory tests in 2013 – 2014.
CoLabs is supported by approximately 1300 employees, and 83 laboratory physicians and scientists.
Each hospital’s laboratory medicine program provides a full range of laboratory services to support patient care in the areas of Pathology, Cancer Diagnosis, Transfusion Medicine, Microbiology, Chemistry, Hematology and Genetics.